Venetian blinds are a fantastic option if you want to improve the look and feel of your home. You can choose from a range of beautiful designs and many different materials, be it timber, PVC, aluminium and so on. However, one of the most important things to get right is the length of the blind itself. Why? Because anything too long or too short will create an eyesaw in your space.
We’ve put together an easy-to-follow method so you can shorten Venetian blinds all by yourself. Simply work through the steps below and you can’t go wrong.
- Install your blinds and determine the desired length that you would like. Usually, the bottom of the blind should be at least an inch and a quarter above the window.
- Select the slat that is even with the window sill – this will end up being the new bottom slat of the blind.
- Remove the plugs from the bottom of the slat. This should be easy and won’t give you too much trouble.
- Pull the excess lift cords and cut the cord, trimming the ladder and the string.
- Push and slide the bottom rail out of the cord.
- Remove all excess slats.
- Insert the bottom rail.
- Insert the lift cords back into the plum and then tie a knot.
- Trim the excess ladder cords.
- Twist the ladder cords and slide them into the hole at the bottom of the rail and insert the plugs.
Beautiful blinds that are custom-made
Gold Coast Blinds & Shutters designs and makes custom-made products for customers that are truly amazing. We can help with all types of Venetian blinds including timber Venetian blinds, PVC Venetian blinds, blockout Venetian blinds and more. Reach out to our friendly team of experts today for a free measure and quote.